Research Project Ideas

Ok, so many of you have noticed I am very open minded. I have a lot on my mind to write about. This should be easy because its such a broad topic but I'm not sure what to choose.

Things I have on my mind as of now that I think I have narrowed it down to::


  • College

  • College Basketball

  • The Christian Church

College is a very broad topic to write about. You might be thinking Ok.. you're not making sense what about college? And aren't you contradicting yourself? I would say that I want to do it because I want to get my ideas out about how I feel with people having to pay for college, and how I dont think its necessary to go to college for so many years to be certain professions, of course you want more knowledge but I feel they just make you believe that. I know there are different times now but many of our great leaders didnt go to school,etc. Also how professional athletes, singers, etc. get payed millions for doing nothing better than saving someones life. Like Robert Fulghum wrote in his poem " all I really need to learn I learned in Kindergarten" These are just some of my ideas I would like to get more into that if thats what I choose to do.


About College Basketball...


I once over heard a friend of mine which is also a kids basketball coach for ages 12-18 say " players dont lose games, coaches do" This got me to thinking, how is it possible? I'm pretty sure number 10 didnt pass the ball to the shooting guard number 2 and thats why they lost, but peopl never seem to see that players only do what their coaches tell them to do they dont just make up a play on their own; unlike street ball it is very different. But the point I would be trying to make in my essay is how the players may sometimes feel "vulnerable" and "enslaved" being that everything they do is just for the money. I could talk about how they have the NCAA brackets, etc.


The Christian Chruch...


I wouldnt say I'm an atheist or going against anything about religious teachings, but my eigth grade history teacher helped me realize how I feel about the church in particular. As I kept learning about the church throughout highschool I felt like it was sort of a joke. In my essay I dont think I would be giving much of my opinion and if I do they would be followed by facts which explain why I feel that way. I always questioned myself at church when everyone took out their pocketbooks in the middle of mass, like what did they do what that money? Pay rent? I know they say its to help homeless, or poor and children in need or just to buy supplies and things for the church. Back in I dont remember when but I would find out, ( around the old Martin Luther) times people were having to pay to reserve a place in heaven. So wasnt the church giving them all the power to sin then? How would you be able to go to heaven if youre a sinner.


Please comment on my topics. If you guys think their a little too much just let me know so I can pick something else. ASAP


Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment