THE MATRIX

Honestly, before this class I didn't care for "The Matrix", and had never seen it before. I was really young when it came out and I always called it " the scary robot movie". I see "The Matrix" in such a different way now. I know that its science fiction and all but there are so many clues and things in the movie that you could use to compare to life. "The Matrix" is a great discussion topic because you know that not everyone would take it the same way. Because they were comparing and contrasting the movie with religion a lot of people may find it controverisal. I like to picture the movie as a work of art. I wouldn't say it was advanced for its time because it was produced around the Y2K, which if I remember correctly it was when technology was at its peak. To think I would've never known about any of this if it wasn't for this class. After the movie I started to think about life and how everyone sees things. I remember in my younger years in life, I thought everyone was born with a twin from another planet that had a similar life to yours. They had a dog like yours, 3 sisters and 2 brothers just like you did,annoying neighbors, family members always knocking at their door, and liked the same exact things you did; and I would spend hours just thinking about that. The director of "The Matrix" must've said "Hey, what if someone could be reborn into another world?" and made the movie to put his ideas out there, and I must say this was a good thing. It must take an open minded person to make a movie like this and after the movie have people question their dreams and even life. What if dreams are our real life and were in a dream now? How come its so hard to remember a dream at the middle of the day but it felt so real when you woke up? These are questions that can't really be answered because truth is nobody knows. Religion is used throughout the whole movie by using cinematic elements and symbols. The character of Neo is being portrayed as Jesus Christ. By using the characterization of Neo as Christ the director makes his ideas seem more believable which is why the movie has such a big impact on most people that watch it. When Neo is reborn into the matrix it looks the same as if a baby was in the womb, with wires attached to him. Jesus was the only person in history that was reborn and had an unnatural birth. The movie just had a dark aura to it. Most of the colors used were dark, and the colors red and blue were used in many things, the most symbolic the pills because choosing one of those pills changed his destiny. For us red and blue determines hot and cold, which you can fit in with how the movie was created. Like in many cases, good vs. evil. Agent Smith was being compared to satan since he was Neos nemesis. Mostly black clothing which seemed as if it was made out of latex was used for the characters, they wore black sunglasses as if in disguise and walked around with weapons. Over all, I think this movie was a good way to portray the future and question the truth about life.

No comments:

Post a Comment